Business Analysis and Requirements Management
Valuable links to business analysis and/or requirements management help are as follows:
- http://www.batimes.com – Business Analyst Times: provides numerous white papers and interesting articles.
- http://www.businessanalystworld.com – Business Analyst World: offers numerous industry conferences.
- http://www.theiiba.org – IIBA: The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA™) is an international not-for-profit professional association for Business Analysis professionals.
- A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge.
- http://www.iaf-world.org – IAF: The International Association of Facilitators (IAF) is a non-profit organization devoted to the standardization and certification of professional facilitators.
- http://www.modernanalyst.com – Modern Analyst: is a community site for business analysts and systems analysts.
- http://www.requirementsnetwork.com – Requirements Networking Group (RQNG): is a site “where requirements gatherers meet”.
- http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com – Search Software Quality: offers help in developing, deploying and managing quality software. Includes an “ask an expert” for you to submit questions.
- http://www.wibadd.org – Wisconsin Business Analyst Development Day (WI BADD™): an annual event sponsored by the Wisconsin Chapter of IIBA® with an emphasis on providing educational and networking opportunities to business analysis professionals.
Software Engineering Organizations
Valuable links for non-profit software engineering organizations are as follows:
- http://www.computer.org – IEEE Computer Society: is the leading provider of technical information and services to the world’s computing professionals.
- http://www.qaiglobalinstitute.com – Quality Assurance Institute: provides leadership and state-of-the-art solutions in the form of consulting, education services and assessments for software quality.
- http://www.sei.cmu.edu – Software Engineering Institute: is part of Carnegie Mellon and sponsors of the Capability Maturity Model.
- http://www.dw-institute.com – TDWI: is an organization dedicated to promoting best practices in the area of data warehousing.
Valuable sources for information on the computer industry that provides information on trends and product evaluations are as follows:
- http://www.forrester.com – Forrester Research has access to a wide range of knowledge experts that makes everything work together synergistically.
- http://www.gartner.com – Gartner provides members with cutting-edge advice and targeted insights to support competitive decision-making across the Information Technology spectrum.
- http://www.standishgroup.com – The Standish Group International is a market research and advisory firm specializing in mission-critical software and electronic commerce. One such report includes the research on project failure and success.
The following valuable resources provide information on Business Analysis training:
- http://www.theiiba.org – IIBA: The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA™) is an international not-for-profit professional association for Business Analysis professionals. Check the website for a list of Endorsed Education Providers (EEP). Note that Requirements Quest is an EEP Charter Member.
- http://www.mgrconsulting.com – MGR Consulting is an endorsed education provider for facilitation through the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), and has a revolutionary facilitation practice called FoCuSeD™.