The purpose of the EXECUTIVE OVERVIEW is to provide management (at any level) an overview of a Requirements Management Process and key business analysis techniques. This workshop supports management in leading and achieving:
- Predictable project results.
- Implementation of a documented, repeatable, measurable Requirements Process.
- Adoption and application of a Requirements Process on projects.
- Demonstrated buy-in and support of a Requirements Process.
This 2-hour presentation for requirement supporters (management at any level) provides an overview of the entire requirements management process. It provides training on key best-practice techniques with an emphasis on involving users and effective validation of requirements. The session is geared to helping management understand what they are supporting by learning first hand what their staff is being trained on. The techniques are practical and can even be used by management for their own project involvement. The goal is for each attendee to gain a high-level understanding of the process with emphasis on the benefits of the requirements management process and their role in supporting the process.
Practical Techniques Presented
- Stakeholder profiling to identify all the right people to involve (right level of expertise).
- Ink-Free Sign-Off™ reviews to ensure stakeholder involvement and commitment.
- Understand the activities of the five-stage Requirements Management Process including roles that contribute to quality requirements.
- Learn how to recognize different requirement levels and types (business, user, functional, and nonfunctional).
- Learn how to identify and involve the right people.
- Be able to support a role-based requirements review.
All levels of management will gain an understanding into how requirements are managed and their role in supporting the process.