This interactive, 1-day course is designed to help students turn ordinary requirements-gathering meetings into productive requirements workshops. No time allotted in the project plan to run a workshop? Well-facilitated workshops are known to reduce requirements-gathering time by as much as 40 percent. This course will not produce certified facilitators (as it usually takes focused training and years of experience to master the skills of a Facilitator). Rather, this fast-paced course equips the students with tools, templates, worksheets, examples, and numerous tips for conducting effective requirements workshops. Students will apply practical techniques during hands-on exercises to enforce learning. The goal is for each student to carry away a repeatable framework for planning and conducting a basic workshop.
Practical Techniques Presented
- Introduction Techniques foster team-building among workshop participants.
- Purpose Statement helps to define why the workshop is being conducted.
- Preparation Checklist outlines 12 steps for workshop success.
- Standard Agenda saves time on preparation and increases overall effectiveness.
- Workshop Activity Worksheet provides step-by-step guidance to planning activities.
- Intervention Techniques are used to manage group dynamics.
- Understand the benefits of a requirements workshop.
- Obtain knowledge of how to prepare for a requirements workshop.
- Gather tips for conducting a workshop.
- Learn techniques for managing the participants in a requirements workshop.
- Apply concepts for workshop creation through hands-on exercises.
- Network with other business analysis professionals.
Business Analysts, System Analysts, Project Managers, Business Architects, Developers, and others who gather requirements.